Job Title: Industrial Emergency Medical Responder
Organization: Vertex Field Services Ltd.
Job Location: Alberta
With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our clients. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
Established in 1976, Vertex is a leading North American provider of environmental and industrial services. With over 40 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex offers a fast-paced environment where priorities shift from day to day, but the expertise of our team allows these changes to occur smoothly. At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration within each division or office and provide support across the entire organization.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for multiple project based Emergency Medical Responders (EMR). Individuals will adhere to OH&S legislation and professional association protocols in line with the industry best practices. The successful candidates must hold a valid EMR registration and be in good standings with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP). Candidates require previous industrial medical experience. The successful candidates will hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license and have the ability to drive a Medical Treatment Centre (MTC) Unit. Candidates with registration in multiple jurisdictions and candidates whom have safety related work experience are encouraged to apply.
• Qualified as an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) / Advanced First Aider in accordance with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code, and able to provide first aid treatment and services corresponding to his/her qualifications.
• Healthcare Provider CPR – Level “C” required
• Member of and in good standing with the Alberta College of Paramedics
• Minimum one to three years’ relevant experience required; industrial, pipeline, or construction setting preferred
• Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry as it applies to medical company operations is an asset
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; may be required to provide driver’s abstract
• Must be able to drive an MTC Unit
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
• Must hold current H2S Alive, PST/CSTS, TDG, WHMIS, and eGSO safety training certificates
• Provide advanced first aid/medical aid to employees within the scope of Advanced First Aider/EMR first aid principles
• Promote and support a healthy and safe work environment
• Maintains records of occurrence and treatment
• Ensures maintenance of first aid facilities and inventory
• Refers cases to other medical facilities
• Willingness to provide additional support as needed
Various position locations; positions will be based out of semi-remote locations in Alberta. Individuals would be required to mobilize from Calmar, Alberta.
• Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
When applying please indicate the following information on your application:
Job Requisition: 002 – 18
Job Title: INDUSTRIAL EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONDER (EMR)
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
Job Status: Temporary
Contact Name: Brittney Livingstone
Contact Phone: 780-464-3295
Contact Email: HR@vertex.ca
Attach file(s): Download