Job Title: Advanced Care Paramedic - Flight Medic
Organization: Western Air Rescue Ltd.
Job Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Western Air Rescue (WAR) is currently in the process of building our future candidate pool of Advanced Care Paramedics (ACP). WAR is currently in an RFP process with Alberta Health Services and if successful will require to fill full time positions within North Western Alberta communities (Grande Prairie / Peace River). If you are currently an Alberta Registered ACP and would like to work for an exciting, well established, family oriented company, we are looking for you!
WAR was founded in 2002 and is one of Alberta's contracted air ambulance providers. Our company is built on exemplary safety protocols, exceeding customers' expectations and maintaining unparalleled quality to each patient we care for. Our highly skilled employees are proud to provide outstanding medical care through a combination of air and ground ambulances to communities in need.
• Current unrestricted ACP license with the Alberta College of Paramedics
• Minimum of two(2) years of pre-hospital EMS experience as an ACP
• Flight ACP experience preferred
• Current ACLS,BCLS,PALS provider
• Valid passport with ability to disembark outside of Canada (unrestricted)
• Valid Class 4 Alberta License
• Current immunizations
• Successful applicant will be required to provide a current vulnerable sector police information check and driver's abstract. As well as pass a drug screening and physical assessment test
• Ability to relocate to base location is preferred
Current standard shift at WAR Grande Prairie for flight crew members is a rotating 24-hour on-call shift.
Peace River shift / schedule will provide a good work / life balance and consist of a rotating 12 hours on call.
WAR has an exceptional fatigue management program geared toward career longevity that adheres to the Alberta Labour Board Employment Standards Codes.
Company Offerings (these offers are pending successfully completing of probationary period)
• AHS comparative wage scale that is commensurate with education and experience; $32.00 - $44.75/hour,
• Benefit package that is controlled by the individual employee’s needs,
• RRSP employee / employer contribution sharing,
• Specified base location will offer northern living allowance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver high quality paramedic care to each patient throughout the transport process,
• Utilizes AHS Critical Care Medical Control Protocols (CCMCPs) to provide high quality patient care,
• Demonstrates cognitive and motor skills necessary to perform paramedic scope of practice policies and procedures in a fixed winged environment,
• Monitors, records, and reports to receiving staff, patient condition and response to interventions,
• Utilizes critical care medical equipment (transport ventilators, IV pumps, iSTAT, Propaq Series X, GlideScope),
• Understanding of flight physiology and application to the sick and injured patient.
WAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Due to the process of the RFP, WAR is not able to disclose all information regarding contract particulars at this time.
All necessary training will be provided to all successful applicants to fully function in a critical care environment.
WAR has an excellent track record for providing exceptional patient care while placing their patients and employees first when it comes to operational decisions.
If you have the right qualifications, experience, motivation to do extraordinary things, and an aspiration to progress as a practicing full scope ACP, we would appreciate hearing from you.
Email your cover letter and resume
If you have any questions, please call us
*WAR is thankful for the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Status: Permanent
Contact Name: Luke Umble
Contact Phone: 780-832-7452
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org