Job Title: Firefighter/Paramedic
Organization: Thompson Fire and Emergency Services
Job Location: Thompson, Manitoba
The City of Thompson’s Fire and Emergency Services Department is seeking those unique individuals with a passion for both firefighting and paramedicine. Our department provides EMS and fire protection to Manitoba’s fourth largest City. The City of Thompson offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package. Join our team for a challenging and rewarding career in emergency services, with the ability to make a difference.
• Firefighter Level 1 (NFPA 1001).
• Licensure with the Province, MB Health as PCP at the time of application or ability to achieve licensing prior to start date.
• Valid Class IV MB driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
• Proven ability to make decisions, initiate appropriate action and perform safely and effectively in stressful, demanding and hazardous situations and ability to deal and communicate effectively with the general public.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to a team oriented approach.
• Excellent physical health, mentally able to fulfill the Fire/Medics duties. Applicants must be able to pass a medical examination, including vision meeting department standards.
• Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to the foregoing, hold: field experience in EMS and firefighting, current ACLS, NRP, BTLS and proven EMS skill progression and performance; Firefighter Level II (NFPA 1001), NFPA 1031, NFPA 472, NFPA 1006, NFPA 1035.
Candidates considered will be invited to Thompson to participate in a 2-day on-site recruitment process tentatively scheduled for March 2017.
Pay Rate: 51, 782
Job Status: Permanent
Contact Name: Deanna Kondokar
Contact Phone: 204-677-7981
Contact Email: email@example.com